Returns and Refunds Policy
How to request a return
If you have an account you can either use form or go to your account area and click on RMAReturn Form (Account Holders)
If you don't have an account please use this form:Return Form (Guests)
Damages breakages obvious faults or incorrect goods
Please ensure all goods are checked asap after receiving delivery.
Please provide a basic inspection of the goods within 48 hours of receiving the delivery to ensure:
- You are pleased with the goods you have purchased
- There are no obvious breakages on delivery
- There are no obvious physical faults or damages with the goods
- You have received the correct goods you have ordered and there are no shortages
If there are any queries after arrival of goods, please contact us in writing immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org
Returns and refunds
We accept unused, unfitted boxed returns for a refund or an exchange providing we are notified in writing within 14 working days of receiving the goods either in writing via email or by completing the online return products cancellation form.
Please note we will not accept goods back for a refund or an exchange if we are notified in writing after 14 working days of receiving the goods. A telephone call is not sufficient.
- You must take care of the goods whilst in your possession.
- Returns must be posted via a courier only, we do not accept returns in person (this is due to security & safety considerations at our warehouse).
- A receipt or proof of purchase is needed for all returns and refunds
- Please note all unwanted goods are to be returned at the customers cost.
If for whatever reason you cannot return the item yourself we offer insured collection, you will pay 1 return or collection cost based on the subtotal value of the products you are returning as per the below table.
|Product Price||Return/collection cost
|£0 - £49.99||£21|
|£50 - £399.99||£36|
|£400 - £999.99||£47|
Step by step procedure for returning unwanted goods
- You have until the 14th working day of receiving the goods to report unwanted goods. This can be done in writing by completing the online return products (cancellation form) which is situated at the top of this page or all details on the form within an email. Please note a telephone call is not sufficient.
- When completing the return product form the below information is required:
- Name on invoice
- Order reference
- Email address
- Contact number
- Date of purchase
- Date received the goods
- Number of items wanting to return
- Item code, item name and quantity
- Reason for returning the goods
- Are the goods unfitted, unused, in original packaging and in a re-saleable condition?
- If would like an exchange or a full refund?
- Additional information
- Once you have completed the above return products form this will automatically email the sales team. You will also receive an automated message to confirm the form has been received. If you do not receive this immediately please contact the sales team immediately as it could mean the form has not been received. Please then await a reply from the sales team. The sales team will reply to all return products requests within 48 hours.
- Please note if you are given authorization from the sales team to return unwanted goods all goods need to be sent back to us in the condition they were delivered. This means all items must be parcelled in an outer box and well packaged with additional packaging to reduce the risk of damage upon return. We cannot be held responsible for any damages upon return if goods are not adequately packaged. If goods are returned in just the item box and no outer box, the goods will not be accepted by our warehouse staff and therefore be returned back to you. Please put inside the box a copy of the invoice given or a note explaining why you are returning the goods with your name and address on the note and that authorization has been given.
- Please note unwanted goods will not be accepted back for a refund or an exchange until authorization has been given from the sales team.
- Please note all unwanted goods must be returned at the customers cost. Items can be sent back by the post office by using Royal Mail or Parcel Force or by a courier company. Please ensure you ask for proof of posting from the post office as proof you have sent the package. The post office does not charge for this service. Alternatively, we can arrange collection for you to reduce hassle which is at a cost listed in the table above.
- The address of which all returns are to be sent is: Lampwise Returns, 36 Burners Lane, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes MK11 3HB
- Please note we only accept returns at this address via courier. Hand-deliveries (deliveries in person) will not be accepted. This is for safety & considerations at our warehouse.
- Once we receive the goods we will inspect the goods. Providing the goods are:
- Unfitted, unused and in a re-saleable condition
- Returned in original product item box with no damages or defacing of the product item box including stickers and writing and all parts of the goods received in the condition that you received them in.
We will offer an exchange or refund. Refunds are within 14 days via the payment method you purchased the items with. Goods that are not in the products original item box are classed as un-resalable.
Please provide a basic inspection of the goods as soon as possible after delivery and report any faults in writing by completing the online report faulty form or via email. A telephone call is not sufficient.
- If items are faulty at the consumers option Lampwise can send a spare part, replace the goods, refund the price of the goods or offer an exchange.
- If a fault, breakage, damage or shortage is discovered upon checking the item after delivery. Please do not fit the goods.
- Immediate replacements for damaged goods will be charged and credit issued on the return of the damaged goods to the company in the original packaging.
- Most goods have a manufacturing guarantee of 1 year. Please note the finish of outdoor lights is guaranteed for one year except within five miles of the coastline.
- Manufacturing faults sent back within 6 months of purchase customer is entitled to a postage refund however you will need to send proof of postage receipt. Faults outside 6 months the return postage is at the consumer's cost.
- An order no. or proof of purchase is needed for all returns and refunds.
Step by step procedure for returning/exchanging faulty goods
- Report the fault of the goods by completing the return form at the top of the page or in writing to our address or email email@example.com.A telephone call is not sufficient.
- When completing the faulty goods form the below information is required:
- Name on invoice
- Order reference
- Email address
- Contact number
- Date of purchase
- Number of faulty items
- Item code, name and quantity
- Checked for obvious damage or broken glass within 48 hours of receiving delivery YES/NO
- If would like a replacement or full refund?
- Additional information - There is also an option to upload a picture to help clarify or explain the fault or damage.
- Once you have completed the above faulty products form this will automatically email the sales team. You will also receive an automated message to confirm the form has been received. If you do not receive this immediately please contact the sales team immediately as it could mean the form has not been received. Please then await a reply from the sales team. The sales team will reply to all faulty products forms within 48 hours.
- Once the sales team have assessed the information given on the faulty form the sales team will determine the best way to resolve the fault.
- If faulty the consumer has the option, receive a spare part, replacement of the goods, refund for the price of the goods or option of an exchange.
- If the fault cannot be resolved by sending a spare part the goods will need to be returned to us for inspection and testing of the fault. If you are advised to return the faulty product for inspection and testing, we ask where possible to send back in the item box and also an outer box with additional packaging to prevent further damage. We cannot be held responsible for additional damage on return if goods are not adequately packaged. Manufacturing faults sent back within 6 months of purchase can be refunded to the customer however we will need a proof of postage receipt. The address of which faulty items are to be sent is: Lampwise Returns, 36 Burners Lane, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes MK11 3HB
- Once we receive the goods they will be inspected and examined. If the fault is not visible or is difficult to see how the fault occurred the goods will then be returned to the manufacturers for inspection and testing to determine the fault, how the fault occurred and if the fault is due to a manufacturing fault. Providing the fault is as reported and the inspection and testing confirms the light is faulty due to a manufacturing fault we will offer the option of replacement, exchange or a full refund. If inspection and testing prove the fault occurred for any other reason other than a manufacturing fault the light will be returned to you and outbound postage charges will apply. This is done within 14 days from Lampwise receiving the faulty goods. Refunds are within 14 days via payment method you purchased the goods with.
- Please note faulty goods will not be accepted back for a refund or an exchange until authorization has been given from the sales team.
- Please note we do not cover electrician costs for faulty or unsuitable items.
- Returns ordered on bulk trade quotations are subject to a 25% restocking charge.